Adding Pittsburgh Modular Series Microvolt 3900 to the jam room: any tips?

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 11:19:17 CET 2021

Just got one of these to add to the setup in the analog corner of the new jam room in my new studio

	https://pittsburghmodular.com/microvolt

Anyone got one already, got any tips/tricks?

For the ‘analog corner’, we are more than likely just going to add all the ‘base’ modules from a Behringer System 100 as well as the existing Neutron, to get the modular basics in order, and the 3900 and Neutron and System 100 modules will more than likely cover the middle ground .. now it’ll be time to start shopping for more exotic/interesting modules too, since this will be a relatively cheap build so far .. would be happy to hear any advice/tips/recommendations for what to add next.

Unless there’s some compelling reason, we’ll probably avoid more Behringer gear once this is up and running - happy to hear alternative views, although I am not on the Behringer hate train, I have found their products in the last few years to be just fine quality-wise. But this is intended to be a scratch/noodling section of our studio and we want some more interesting modules to play with as well .. probably going to have its own mixer/PA, and sampling rig too, more than likely another 1010Music blackbox..

What interesting modules would you throw at this setup?

j.
—
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com