Presonus 32R

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Sat Aug 28 20:50:31 CEST 2021

> On 27 Aug 2021, at 00:46, Joost Schuttelaar <joost at joostschuttelaar.nl> wrote:
>
> Ahhh, first snag. I remember Micke warned me for this. AVB does not work over Ethernet → USB-C. On the MBP 2016+ you need to use a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 converter, and stick a Thunderbolt → Ethernet adapter in it. OMG.
>
> Good thing I got a spare MacBook from 2015 for the jam…

Update, works fine on the old MacBook with the Thunderbolt 2 → Ethernet adapter. However, I have to plug directly (or via the patch bay), when I put either a dumb gigabit switch in between, or run it over my Unifi network (Switch 16 Lite), no connection is made.

Reading up on the VLAN/QOS stuff of AVB/TSN, in theory this should work… but for now everything is all set.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL