My SynthstromDeluge needs a TOSHIBA FLASHAIR SD CARD

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 21:48:01 CEST 2021

> I borrowed a Deluge when the first came out from a friend who wasn’t impressed with it.   This was very early in its development, and its OS felt very unfinished.   I’ve been following it since, and it looks like it’s grown up nicely.  I honestly don’t think I need one, though.  I’ve got enough bloody drum machines and sequencers flitting about.

Yeah I had a similar experience, but realized recently that the Deluge has seriously evolved since its early days .. truly an example of how to keep adding value to a product and keep building something amazing through iterative progress.  An incredibly deep and useful instrument, which is more useful to me now that I have a few years of recordings to go through, find samples, develop ideas, etc.

I’m building a new synth rig at the moment, for a few good reasons - still got my old gear, but I’m constructing a new setup with contemporary parts.  I’m having a lot of fun with the new smaller/lighter ’shoebox’ style synths (SKULPT, UNO PRO, BLACKBOX, etc.) - tthere seems to be something a lot more accessible about this compact format that brings a degree of fun back into the process that was being sapped by 19”-setups and plugins and whatnot .. plus, I’ve been harvesting samples from the last 3 years of jam sessions, and the Deluge is an AMAZING place to be putting them.  I’m getting a ton of inspiration from this, it just plain rocks ..

Don’t mention that this is all feasible on a “(cheaper) iPad, though.  I’m also doing that, btw...

j.