Does anybody use individual outs on synths?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Thu Aug 19 22:33:54 CEST 2021

Hey Jay,

> The inputs on front are a feature: patch bay.
>
> You might of them differently once you actually start making tracks and mix ‘n match some synths a bit ….
>
> Btw, you can do amazing things with 12 tracks.  Or 8.  Just gotta get on with it….

I'll be using the 01V hooked up to the M-Audio 2x2M for the time being.
The investment for that is a pair of XLR cables between the two.

Making music, of course. I do, actually, enjoy playing with them, and I
had to chuckle yesterday as I went through the Proteus 2000 sounds.

But once I finally got off the anti-depressants, this bloody pandemic
hit. I'm pretty sure it's back, to a certain extent at least, and you
(hopefully) have no idea what a monumental effort it can be to do
something, anything really. And while anti-depressants work wonderfully
to clear your mind, they have some very obvious side-effects, both
physical and mental. (Case in point: I was unable to feel more than
shock at Gert's passing. Sadness wasn't possible.) It's not something I
want to go through again.

The setup I have now, with the KeyLab controlling everything, which is
going to be connected to the mio10 I bought from Tony, will do for now.
I'll get there one day, even if it takes me another 20 years.

- Peter