Software Security

James Coplin james at ticalun.net
Tue Aug 17 17:56:56 CEST 2021

What Tony says. I remember a Cubase crack from around a decade ago I think where the crackers said that about *half* the code base was calls to the USB hardware key. That's nuts from both a performance and maintanence perspective. Steinberg has announced they are moving away from hardware protection now. Slow lesson, long coming, but I suspect much better for everyone in the long run.

James