Comparison/Preference

moron moron at industrial.org
Tue Apr 20 18:42:05 CEST 2021

Hey M at . The Keystep Pro should be a wait and see only. Once the next
firmware version is released and if it is confirmed to fix the issues
and add the missing features by regular users then maybe.

Some things to be aware . . .

It has a dodgy arpeggiator:

https://youtu.be/bLcjE0Ih_lk

Step record routinely stops working for me:

https://youtu.be/bLcjE0Ih_lk

The MCC software corrupts scene and pattern state:

https://youtu.be/cw9CwO5Th-Q

These are a lot less common than when it was first released but it
still can sporadically lock up (which has happened to me during a live
stream):

https://youtu.be/lYZEEderw44

On the missing feature list (for starters), you cannot transpose all
tracks at once, only track one at a time.  You also cannot save arps as
patterns.  The MCC *does not* have a sequencer view like the Beatstep
Pro.

All that said, it still can be a lot of fun but it depends on your
usage case whether the bugs and poor design decisions get in the way.
Check the Arturia forums before dropping cash to see if the bugs are
likely to affect you.

Cheers

--
https://nearlydead.bandcamp.com