Mono/Poly

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Fri May 15 16:10:48 CEST 2020

On 15 May 2020, at 15:46, Michael Zacherl <mubar05 at blauwurf.at> wrote:

> the pricing is very “democratic” as one might say, but on the bottom line rather destructive to the industry, IMO.

I find the pricing actually very reasonable. I’m sure they are able to make a very nice profit with these relatively low prices. Gotta compare it to other ’Shenzhen’ electronics.

As an example, the Korg Wavestate, I find it ridiculously overpriced. Considering what it is, a Raspberry Pi, some controller stuff and a very plastic case.

Yes, I’m leaving out the R&D, but in economies of scale, is that per unit so much more than the Poly D, for example? I doubt it. Why does it cost about the same, where the Poly D obviously has a much higher cost in materials and labour?

Note that boutique stuff is obviously a totally different story.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL