Windows 10 DAW Woes

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sun Mar 15 20:30:23 CET 2020

Op 14-3-2020 om 17:05 schreef Declan Gorman:

>   My main issues are with audio crackling and CPU spikes and they
> occur with Ableton Live 10.1.9 and Maschine 2.10.0. My audio interface
> is a T.C. Electronics StudioKonnekt 48 and I have tried the ASIO4All
> drivers as well as the native drivers but nothing.

Can you figure out what's causing the CPU spikes? The Windows 10 task
manager is quite extensive in the information it provides.

My Windows 10 machine (3.5 GHz Ryzen 3950X with 32 GB 3.6 GHz RAM) has a
tendency to have the video hang, which I suspect to be heat problems of
the cheap GTX 1060 6 GB, but the audio is always rock solid, whether via
the on-board audio or the M-Audio 2x2M USB interface.

I've checked the device on the TC Electronic site and the drivers look
rather old, from 2016 – though that's after the launch of Windows 10.
And are you using the 64-bit drivers?

- Peter