going live

Romain xtechcode at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 09:12:35 CEST 2020

Hi Tom!

I understand you don t want a computer but ableton live seems to be the best for your situation imo. (As joost mentioned)
You can learn midi devices, it s  very easy and you don t need to have the computer on stage but next to it. :p

I did something similar in the past and I also added a usb typing keyboard mapped to trigger what I wanted (muting tracks, triggering clip(s),play/stop, etc )

Ps : If you need more than 8 tracks you will need ableton suite otherwise  you may use their demo which is free (I guess).
Give it a try specially if you already have midi devices.
Also in my experience ableton works great with synch.(maybe needed for the video ?)

 All in all good luck ! Would be great to have a small video clip report of your gig :)

Romain