Hydra synth: first impressions

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 10:25:13 CEST 2020

> Thanks for sharing, Jay.
> Currently, I feel more and more like in 80's or 90's where we had lots of new synths and most of them were a desirable ones :)
> Due to other priorities, I can't buy any new synth at the moment, but would be glad to build something from a kit.
> Would be nice if Korg releases their ts1 as areal kit (not a pcb + case) :)

Oh, just so its clear: I didn’t buy this.  Its a new instrument at Sky Studio .. and I’m lucky to play there these days.

Otherwise - It’d be very difficult for me to justify adding a Hydra without making room in my setup, first. ;)

> Regarding the ribbon controller - I loved it in my JP8000 back then. It was indeed, very intuitive to use and giving more expression than standard benders.

Just the whole instrument feels so nice to play, the more you get into it .. really loving the MOD matrix and Macro’s, which just push the performance parameters into the stratosphere.

j.