Favorite Multitimbral Rack Synth?

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Wed Aug 5 18:29:46 CEST 2020

Get the Proteus 2000 or 2500 for all the EMU sounds. A JV1010/1080/2080/XV3080 for the classic Ronald stuff. Triton Rack and all nice Korg spacey stuff is on board too. Then a Motif rack, or CS6R / EX5R for the most famous Yamaha sounds. Done! :)

I actually like the late-90ies romplers better than the stuff happening say around 2005. A bit less sample ROM makes the patches much more interesting from the synthesis perspective. The later multisampled stuff lands into uncanny valley too much to my taste. Just a bit bleh.

Fun! :)

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL