Synth-people politics (was Re: SKULPT is live)

paula at synth.net paula at synth.net
Fri Jul 13 15:24:52 CEST 2018

Jay,

> Totally understandable,  but it has to be said - this is sort of the
> device we talked about, didn't we, way back in the embryonic days of
> Modulus/Modal, with regards to the position of a product against the
> OP-1 and so on ..

it's something that cropped up, but this isn't the kind of product I
would envisage making myself.

> so I'm going to be very curious to have it in my kit and play with it.
> I may keep it, I may not - certainly it doesn't serve any need I have
> at the moment, but it is nevertheless an interesting product, and
> personally having at least had some sort of clue of its planned
> existence, all those years ago, it'll be cathartic in many ways.

I'm totally not going to argue with you. You're entitled to your
opinions, as am I.
I am sure it will sell well for them.

> In all honesty, its hard to separate the politics from the product
> these days, but this particular affliction is something I've struggled
> with for 20+ years (losing respect for some of the individuals behind
> the products I've loved over the years), so I do hear where you are
> coming from.  The music-technology business is full of punters,
> snipers, cannibals, wizards, dilettantes, hackers, brilliant and
> inspired nerds, and so much more.

I've no animosity towards Modal, the tech team has amazing people in it,
and it is still "my baby".
So I don't want them to fail, as I say I wish them the best of luck with
it but it's not for me :)

Paula (amazing the difference being "core happy" with yourself makes to
your replies on lists)