monitors

tom adam tom.adam at thebigear.be
Fri Jan 5 22:12:06 CET 2018

I currently use a pair of Equator D8 in my studio. I'm quite happy with
them.

But today I played some of my tracks on my old Adam A7's and that was
kind of a shock to me. They sound completely different and there were
some mid's i just don't hear on the D8's.

Unfortunately one of the Adam A7's has an issue (it drops out every now
and than, no woofer any more...) and I'm not sending it back to Adam as
that would be the 3th time I send that monitor back for repair...

I'm in the market for a second set of monitors, any suggestions, budget
is roughly 1000€. I intend to go listen to some monitors in a couple of
weeks, but need to send my list of possible contenders in advance so the
shop can prep them...

Adam's out due to bad experience
I definitely going to  listen to Mackies XR824 and Eve's SC207.
I wasn't a fan of KRK and genelec a couple of years ago, but maybe they
have some new improved stuff...
What about Yamaha or dynaudio?
And should i get a sub?

Thanks for your feedback!