New track

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 16:25:57 CEST 2017

> On Sep 25, 2017, at 9:06 AM, Gert van Santen <g.vansanten at upcmail.nl> wrote:
>
> Op 25-9-2017 om 14:29 schreef Andrew Tarpinian:
>>
>> https://soundcloud.com/modulargrey/breathe-v03
>> Thanks,
>
> Hey, Andy,
>
> Very nice track with really great mixing and mastering. The overall sound is warm, open, balanced, and in no way tiring to the ears.

Thanks Gert, that means a lot coming from you. I’m learning a lot, I finally get the whole you have to know your setup thing, as choices you make in the mixing don’t always translate the way you would think when you process the master.

> Just wondering if the build-up in the beginning could be a bit more interesting/longer...
>
> The melody lines and the used sounds could perhaps have been a tad more adventurous.
>
> I'm not too sure about some of the pitch bend effects, although others are great and fit very well.
>
> Oh, well. Perhaps that's all just nitpicking.

All valid points, I probably sacrificed extra time in the creation to make sure I actually completed the track. The wonderful thing about a deadline is you have to finish :)

> All in all, I am impressed with the overall quality. Must have been great to do that masterclass. Hope you win the 10k :-)

Thanks! It was entertaining just to watch, I learned stuff but it was just nice to see how other people work.