RC Flying Things (was Re: New toy on order...)

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 11:31:14 CEST 2017

> Looks like a quick to build and fun to fly :)
> Marek

Yeah, I've been following the "Build .. Fly .. Crash .. Build .." routine for decades now, so the smaller and easier to build, the better.

I mean, I have a huge amount of respect for the big-model guys.  Always love the dedication and respect these things command at the field .. and what you guys have shown us is in a different league, entirely.  Thoroughly enjoy seeing the craftsmanship and dedication you put into things, guys (especially Mr. Naef's builds)

But those are not as fun to crash as my KF-wing light-bodies .. :)

A neighbor is a big-model builder .. he showed me a model P38 once, on his way to the car, which he'd been working on for 2 years.  It was beautiful, simply a work of wonder - as you might expect a 70-year old Austrian ex-engineer might build.  I drooled over it in the parking lot, and almost cried when, later that day, he pulled it out of the back of his car in pieces, tattered and torn.

My next build is going to be some sort of mini-DLG (discus-launch glider), since my current DLG (factory-made Libella) is really big and awkward, I want something a little easier to tote.  And get in the air.  And keep in the air.

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com