New toy on order...

Martin Naef mnaef at navisto.ch
Tue Sep 5 21:11:00 CEST 2017

Hi Joost

3D printing is cool indeed, though I don't quite buy into the "every
household needs one" hype. 3D CAD imposes a bit of a learning curve, but
it's certainly worth it.

This is the one I recently got:
https://www.xyzprinting.com/en-GB/product/da-vinci-1-0-pro-3-in-1

Mostly used for my RC airplanes (see the attached pics for an impression -
the bonnet is about 20x10x10cm in size), and of course to make toys for
Pascal. ;-)

I use Fusion 360 for the models, then send them to Simplify3D for slicing.
Compared to the rather limited slicer that came with the printer, Simplify3D
has really made a big difference, it works nicely with the printer
(including wireless transfer of data) and was well worth the money in my
opinion. The printer is a rather bulky thing, but having an enclosure
supports thermal management which seems important for ABS printing.

Martin