New toy on order...

James R. Coplin james at ticalun.net
Tue Sep 5 17:10:34 CEST 2017

Ah. It does have a smell and isn't probably the healthiest to breathe.
It doesn't bother me much and I use it in the garage which has plenty of
air volume so it doesn't seem to matter much. Others might be more
concerned and it is not an unreasonable concern. It would take more than
a case though as you need to vent the fumes. Otherwise you are just
capturing them until you open the case. I need to cut a hole in my
garage wall and install a vent anyhow since my laser cutter def makes
fumes. I live in Minnesota with brutal winters so just opening the
garage door to vent isn't really an option much of the year!

Looking at the AnyCubic and the Prusa, there is a definite difference in
quality of components. The cost of the various rods, steepers, etc. on
the Prusa at cost are more than the entire AnyCubic. Something is being
sacrificed to hit that price point. If the price point is a make or
break deal, then def consider the AnyCubic. However, the Prusa is a best
of class printer at an incredibly reasonable price point. Also, Prusa is
very active in improving their designs. I've downloaded and printed new
improved parts from them numerous times since I got the machine which is
nice.

James