Roland XV-5080 & ADAT

tom adam tom.adam at thebigear.be
Wed Nov 29 21:30:39 CET 2017

Hello guys,

Hope everything is ok,  and no more burning houses etc etc...

Anyway, I got a XV-5080 some time ago for cheap as output A is busted. A
real pain as this is the default output....
A work around was to use the digital out, but somehow I always got
confused in my setup of my RME and I lost an adat port that I need...
Well, to get to my point is, today I built a little RBUS to adat
converter and voila, now I have 8 channels from the XV-5080 to my RME.
Lovely.

Now I see the roland DIF-AT go for 40€ so I will buy one of these as I
don't like to have an open PCB laying in the middle of my spaghetti
behind my PC.

But, yeah, I can really recommend to do this. I actually like the XV and
will probably get rid of the JV's I've gathered over the years...

Anyway, back to business!

Cheers,

ToAd