new workspace

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Thu Apr 27 22:41:31 CEST 2017

Set up my new desk today. Sit/stand desk, with a drawer for the Komplete Kontrol 61. See pic.

It’s based on the IKEA Skarsta sit/stand desk frame. Had to cut a worksheet to size, since the Skarsta desk doesn’t go beyond 1.60 meters. Now it’s 230 cm by 80, which is a tad wider than necessary but the Skarsta seems te hold up fine (official max. weight is 50KG).

The sit/stand mechanism is a bit wobbly, but it works and the desk itself is stable. I might fit a cordless drill to motorise it, since the drawer is a bit in the way of the hinge.

Happy to have the keys in reach again, just like with the Jerker 15 years ago :)

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL