Synth repair info requested

Tony Scharf tony.scharf at outlook.com
Mon Oct 17 00:46:44 CEST 2016

Not directly related, but kinda..

This week I had a similar adventure with my UltraNova.  It was dumping crazy junk at its DIN MIDI output - enough that it was causing the Mio10 MIDI interface I'm using to experience issues.

After changing every possible seeing in the MIDI preferences, I decided to switch to the USB output to see if that changed anything.   ON USB, the midi data was not being transmitted to the computer, but it was *still* coming out the DIN port.  So, guess it was off to find a repair center.

I reached back to power it off and accidentally switched it too far (off is in the center, with one direction being USB power and the other uses the external PSU).   Switching to USB power immediately stopped all the crap coming out the DIN port.  Everything started acting normally!

Since I don't actually *want* to use the Novation via USB, I found an extra iPhone charger and I've been powering the synth from that.   It works perfectly!   It also seems to sound a bit clearer and less 'rubber' than it did before.

Power supplies are evil!

Tony