Synth repair info requested

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Fri Oct 14 19:59:39 CEST 2016

Hi all,

A couple of years ago I bought a ridiculously cheap Akai Miniak (€275). Same synth engine as the Alesis Ion. I have used it live because of the low weight (3 kg) and the good sounds, plus 3 wheels and 3 edit knobs. There is also a good editor, otherwise it would be extremely tedious to program.

Now suddenly one of the outputs has gone bad. Volume is almost zero, plus loads of crackle.

I'm looking for a "synth repair man", but what could it be? I would hate to see this synth go, because then I would have to go back to the 8 kg Virus Indigo II ;-)

Gert
www.gertvansanten.nl