Weighted Keyboard - what do they feel like?

Jay Vaughan (ibisum) ibisum at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 19:17:42 CET 2016

> I’m thinking about the NI S61 for a main controller but: what would the S88 “weighted” keyboard feel like?  I’ve never tried a weighted keyboard before..  I have a piano; would it just feel exactly like my piano?
> L    << me asking a very dumb question….
> Paul

It ‘should’ feel like a piano - these weighted keys mean that you’ll feel a similar force coming up as going down - it literally means the keys are levered, like in a piano.  This provides a subtle degree of responsiveness in that the key travel will have a standard counterpoint to your action.

At the moment I have a Virus Indigo2 on top of my CLP31 electric piano, which has weighted keys.  I absolutely love this combination right now, its a delight on the arthritis.

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com