Guys, Bitwig

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 22:30:03 CET 2016

Just feels good to me. I like to work very fast, so I'm sensitive to the way a program responds. I started using it because it fully supports the seaboard Rise, but as soon as I opened it I knew there was something here. Also love the little things, view multiple midi tracks as layers on top of each other, more freedom in layout, built in stuff sound nice so far, being able to add things like lfo's to your instrument and effects chains. While it certainly feels "young" compared to Live or Logic there is a lot here to like. I'm also over my previous issue of "they are just biting Live" cuz well this doesn't really feel or look like Live.

Logic just feels so heavy now a days, Live of course feels like it's always scolding you for working in the arrange window. Bitwig feels like it's giving you a bit more leeway in working how you want. Will prob stay in Live most of the time but this is nice too.

It does look a little like a "PC" program in some parts of the UI design if you know what I mean, that's the only downer so far.