Radiohead: A Moon Shaped Pool

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Sat Jun 11 01:28:20 CEST 2016

I have only heard (and seen) the two video/singles. I really love the PT Anderson video and the song. When Thom Yorke’s voice comes in, I get goosebumps every time.

There is something magical about a band that has so much time and resources, yet no commercial pressure to develop their artistic style. I think it’s something that can’t be overstated. I just listened to “Pablo Honey”, that album has nothing to do with today’s Radiohead. If a band is able to flow through many iterations and albums, it may ripen to a mature state where its creative potential is let loose. (this theory needs evaluation, cf The Rolling Stones, also from the other side, The Beatles).

Kai (the fan-boy)

;)