hardware is awesome.

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Sun Jan 31 01:16:05 CET 2016

ok, so after a few months of mucking around with it, I'm starting to adore
the Octatrack.

It's definitely got that Elektron idiosyncracy to it, but what I'm really
starting to appreciate is how they've optimized the user experience for
intermediate/advanced, not just beginners.

I've had quite a few "I wonder if I can do this simply by... oh look that
works" moments which have been glorious.

It's hard work at first. It's a complex mental model that I'm still
wrestling with, but it's now starting to feel like an actual goddamned
instrument in my hands.

My PC has basically been reduced to a mega soft synth that I sample, and I
think I like it better that way....