Starting with software-based music production

random variate randomvariate at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jan 7 23:29:36 CET 2016

Believe me Peter, Komplete is literally limitless. You have maybe 50 off the shelf sound generation instruments full of 'pretty presets'.  Delve in to the synthesis engines and you are in sound creation heaven.

Much easier to tweak than an EX5.

You get the acclaimed Massive synth (a classic) Monologue/Retrologue, FM8, and much more....FX and sound mangling instruments too.

The Korg Legacy collection is worth the price alone for the Wavestation VST (sounds likes the hardware synth), and then you get Polysix and MonoPoly emulations that are also amazing.

Arturia is also a fine collection, I'd recommend that too.

Tim