Grumpy old men

tom adam tom.adam at thebigear.be
Fri Dec 9 19:34:37 CET 2016

Hi Peter,

once you started doing exercises, you get addicted to it.

After a couple of very unhealthy years, I've decided to change things,
to take control over my health.
So I quit smoking, reduced my alcohol usage to practically zero and
started exercising. Now I run 30 to 50km a week (at a rate of 12km/h)
and swim 2 days, every time 2,5km (at a rate of 1km in 15min) and guess
what; I'm feeling great!
Now, I'm not suggesting you start running with a bad back, but swimming
would be a nice place to start and is great for you condition. Take
lessons as swimming is a technical sport. Buy good googles!

Just hang in there, once you turned it into a habit you'll want more:-)

Cheers,

Toad (contemplating on buying a bike and start training for a triathlon,
as my sister is doing... it doesn't seem unachievable any more)