UA Apollo 8

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:23:34 CEST 2016

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 4:44 AM, Joost Schuttelaar <joost at joostschuttelaar.nl> wrote:
>
>> On 29 Jul 2016, at 16:33, Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wondering if I will see a dramatic increase in the quality of recordings and monitoring just because converters are better now a days vs 10+ years ago?
>
> I don’t think so. Cheap converters got a lot better. But converters in quality gear were very transparant even in the early 2000’s…

Well I have not recorded anything yet but I swear just the monitor output sounds so much better. The first thing I heard was the guys voice in the YouTube Apollo intro video and it sounded amazing lol.

The UA plugs are incredible, I feel like I just got upgraded to a professional studio. I probably learned more about mixing this weekend than, ever.