ASPMA- course

Jay Vaughan (ibisum) ibisum at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:44:52 CEST 2015

> exactly the answers I was hoping for. I find this all very exciting but have very little time. I will try and install virtualbox, that seems to be the best way to get it all going.

Probably the best path to take - I personally use VMWare (very fast and smooth) but Virtualbox is also a darn fine way of doing linux on OSX ..

> I already came across the references to Homebrew, and realized its importance. With everyone complaining about the slow speed of Xcode, I might like to go the Ubuntu way…;)

Xcode is just the wrapper for a great deal of other tools, I don’t know why anyone would say Xcode is “slow” per se, but .. yeah .. for these kinds of learning projects, its just far better to use a VM and rely on the standard, dependable set of tools in the F/OSS world, where things ‘just work’ .. once you get it set up, of course.  ;)  Don’t forget to “sudo apt-get install build-essential python” when you get the VM up and running finally .. and also: LET US KNOW HOW THINGS GO!  Very interesting subject, Mr. N.

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com