DIY FM - PreenFM2

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 12:58:37 CEST 2015

Hey Jay

> Tell us about that arpeggiator- why is it amazing?

Okay, I guess arpeggiators are never going to be that sexy but here it goes:

12 x Directions

22 x Patterns

4 x User Patterns

Clock divider from 2/1 to 1/96

Note duration from 2/1 to 1/96

Octaves (obviously)

Latch (obviously)

Choose to load with patch or otherwise (so you can browse patches with a single Arpegg running..)

..just reading up and it turns out Mr PreenFM used the “Mutable Instrument open source arpeggiator algorithm”.  I failed to find it via google in a 10 second search..

But this is a good example of why some synth manufactures frustrate me..  There is a fantastic, what turns out to be open source, Arpeggiator available and one-guy-in-his-bedroom has the sense to add it to his little home FM project.  So why would bigger manufactures do anything less?!

It does sometimes feel like when it comes to synths, more is most definitely less…  Much less…

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk <http://www.punkdisco.co.uk>