Yamaha reface

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 16:02:24 CEST 2015

Build is top quality, it's tiny. Tiny. The miniest of keys, borderline too small. Teenage Engineering level of cuteness. Easy to program (have not looked at manual.) Touch sliders are interesting but fiddly to hit exact values quick. Sound is pretty amazing, reminds me of my Virus KC. Huge bass. My fav sounds made so far are really warm fat pads. Very limited modulation, but really dark intense modern sounds are easy, no weak ass shit here. Yes you can sound like Front 242. Effects are great. Looper is fun.

Price will seem a little high but I can't see how any synth freak wouldn't like these things. It's like a miniaturized real synth (though limited modulation,) just that alone makes it cool. Very different feeling Yamaha (but the same in core quality,) makes me want more. I don't see how they could stop here. If they did a modern groove box with more advanced (deeper) versions of reface stuff it would kill.