Five G - the most amazing synth store

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Wed Oct 21 13:27:09 CEST 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Jay Vaughan (ibisum) <ibisum at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > It felt like being in a museum, except there were price tags on
> everything.
> >

> Oh god, words can’t describe how much I’d like to be in Tokyo too, and a
> few 10’s of 1,000s of ¥€$’s to spend on it all.
>
> Isn’t it great how the japanese second-hand market for instruments works?
> Everything is so clean ..

Yes, but you may as well just buy it all off eBay and get the better
shipping costs the regular sellers get :)

It sounds like things were amazing even 5 years ago, but I think everyone
here has realized they can just sell the meticulously kept gear overseas to
an even bigger market.

I saw an 808 today that was in unbelievable condition. The maintenance
booklet (!!!) next to it said some of the colors had been retouched with
original materials...