Happy birthday PeterK

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Tue Oct 20 23:52:38 CEST 2015

Op 20-10-2015 om 21:18 schreef Mikael Hansson:

> Same branch or something different?

Basically the iGaming sector, which is a euphemism for online gambling.
Specifically it's a firm that analyses data (like football matches) and
sells the results. It's a very small firm, just a few people (at least
in Malta), and the salary is pretty decent by Dutch standards, let alone
Maltese ones.

The online gambling sector is huge in Malta, and this has been driving
up wages. The British government has been eager to curb the tax breaks
you get here, so that they can all move to Gibraltar (which happens to
be outside the EU and which just happens to be British). But our prime
minister has been reading "Il Principe" by Niccolò Machiavelli. :)

So yes, after 15 years (one third of my life!) I'm saying goodbye to
Vodafone and the telecoms sector. There are several reasons, but lack of
job satisfaction and appreciation are the most important.

- Peter