El Capitan

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Thu Oct 15 19:47:31 CEST 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Jammer <jammer at jammer.biz> wrote:

> I've had this issue since installing Yosemity, so a looooooooooooooong
> time.
>

> I ask because we're not seeing that with our Mac deployment at all. El
> Capitan or otherwise.
>
> Admittedly I no longer have a Google-sized data set, but we're just not
> seeing that with ~400 machines spread across several continents and a large
> chunk of those using bluetooth keyboards and mice.
>

> Interesting.  I wonder if it might be another case a lá chipgate where it
> only effects some batches/manufacturers components?
>
> That doesn't really jive though unless you bought all the machines at the
> same time and they were all magically identical internally and all from the
> "right" manufacturer.  Crazy long shot anyway as I understood it was a
> software thing as opposed to hardware.

We rotate machines after 2 years, and buy in small batches, so that's 400
machines of varying models (Air, MBP, 13, 15, etc)

You sure you're not just running into the standard 2.4 Ghz
bluetooth/wifi/microwave oven interference that is a problem on every
platform?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2.4_GHz_radio_use

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542

If you need to keep wireless at 2.4Ghz, try moving to a lower channel
number, otherwise move to 5Ghz as soon as you can IMHO. Lower range, but
way less interference usually.