Wow: MPC Touch

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Thu Oct 15 18:46:06 CEST 2015

Op 12-10-2015 om 03:51 schreef Andrew Tarpinian:

>> €832.99 is a bit steep for a controller, touch screen or no touch screen.
> Yes but it's in-line with maschine where part of price is software, and push (made by akai) which doesn't come with software.

My issue with this is that software has a very limited shelf life. I
have two synthesisers: a Yamaha AN1x and a Yamaha EX5. These are from
1997 and 1998. We were still running Windows 95 at the time!

I'm pretty sure that they will still work in 15 years time (although the
EX5 developed a dead key), and I'm also pretty sure that the MPC Touch
will be a decorative bookend by then.

- Peter