El Capitan

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Thu Oct 15 18:33:26 CEST 2015

Op 15-10-2015 om 16:29 schreef Jammer:
> I meant the drivers.  The Surface issue you had for instance was
> NVidia not getting their driver completed before release day if I'm
> not mistaken.  But it's hard for the majority of people to see the
> dividing line between Microsoft and hardware manufacturers.

What's odd is that both Apple and Microsoft, when they have full control
of both the hardware and the software, managing to screw things up.

Maybe it's because they have to support so many different versions of
the hardware, but it's just a bit strange.

Still, I like this total integration with clouds and drives in the sky
that we're seeing these days. Yes, evil Microsoft/Apple/Google are
checking my data for weaknesses, but even though I understand the
privacy implications, I can't manage to be bothered about it.

The next step is going to be that I'll get a big screen TV and this thing:
http://store.steampowered.com/universe/link/?l=english

The Steam Controller has arrived, but I have to wait until Monday to get
my grubby little hands on it. :) And then maybe put the big loud gaming
PC somewhere else. It also means that the PC's operating system becomes
increasingly irrelevant. But Windows 10 is still a lot more comfortable
than Android on a 10" tablet.

- Peter