Well this is interesting ...

Tony Scharf tony.scharf at outlook.com
Thu Oct 15 17:30:25 CEST 2015

I agree with Musk in one very important way:  We are most likely going to find a lot of failed civilizations...if we ever get off this rock to begin with.
Think about it.  How many species are there in the fossil record before you get to us?  How many survived as far as we have?
Now think...even fewer are going to survive past this phase.
We are more than likely doomed...but that may just be how the universe works.   Only the truly fittest shall survive.  We are mostly likely not it, just by the numbers.
Tony