Sleaford Mods?

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Wed Jun 24 01:26:32 CEST 2015

Just getting home from Sleaford Mods. A great experience, albeit I can't say it was the best show of my life.

The place was packed to the brim, we were late (rehearsal until 9.30), there was no air (authentic) and it was not loud enough (no bass in your stomach).

The dude hitting space on the laptop then dancing like a dude with his beer in hand is great to watch. I think he is Andrew. The singer is awesome, such power, such anger.

My favorite track has the chorus "I hate what you do -- and I don't like you". (which to my ears sounds like "oy ate wha chu do -- ay a don' like chu")

They are awesome and british in a very good way (today the Queenie came to Germany too, waving her wavy wave to Berliners everywhere), but I enjoyed the manic stare of Future Islands' singer Sam quite a bit more.

It was great -- everyone there was well over forty. I was amazed at how packed the venue was -- weird when you get the feeling that there is a new band around, you really like them -- and everyone has already heard them way before you did... It was a see and bee seen sort of situation, something I'm more used to in the theater scene, but in the underground music it's getting there too  with everyone being all bourgeois and stuff and making sure everyone else knows how hip they really are..;-)

I enjoyed it. but it wasn't the greatest show in the world. I bought a vinyl and a CD though..;)

Good night!
Kai