Windows 8 = ha ha

moron moron at industrial.org
Tue Jun 16 19:59:23 CEST 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-16 at 18:46 +0100, Marc Sims wrote:
> how can one simply swipe gesture be awkward?

It's awkward because it means constantly having to switch between two
very different GUI systems with functionality you need randomly split
between them.  For example, browsing installed programs requires you to
use Metro.  But most (all?) of what I will use this box for will run
outside of Metro.

Personally I also find having to switch between mouse and gestures
mentally disruptive though that may lesson as I use it more.

I also found it pretty classless of Microsoft to make the bundled Flash
client require you to go download an uninstaller but that's a different
conversation I guess.

Cheers

--
http://industrial.org