Core i5 or Core i7

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Thu Jun 11 09:33:33 CEST 2015

If it’s about gaming, by far the most limiting factor will be your GPU. Do notice that the more powerful, the more watts the beast will suck. I made a small machine for my Oculus Rift DK2 (specs below), and the heat this meagre box puts out is too much for my cats to want to sleep on after a couple of minutes.

MSI H81I
Intel Core i7 4790K
MSI GeForce GTX 770 Gaming
Crucial Ballistix Sport BLS2CP8G3D1609DS1S00CEU
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
Corsair CX500M
Cooler Master Elite 130

Cheers,