Software: simplicity and evolution (was: Ableton Live - has it lost its mojo?)

Kim Johnsson johnssonkim at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 17:42:07 CEST 2015

Peter wrote:

> So... after all those years and all those rewrites, have you actually finished anything?

I wouldn't call it “finished”, but it’s been in production since 2006. From that point of view, I suppose it’s “good enough”. It would certainly have more features today if the time spent rewriting would have been used on new features instead. On the other hand, adding features to the current version is much easier than to the first generation.

> The question ought to be: is this good enough? Because it will never be perfect. If you strive for perfection, you're practically guaranteed to never achieve it.

True. But my good enough keeps getting better :-)

Cheers,

	Kim