Early stage of a track

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Sun Jun 7 01:12:05 CEST 2015

Mikael Hansson schreef op 7-6-2015 om 0:29:
> Just a track I’ve been working on lately. No mixing or levels
> properly set, just some (semi) coherent parts glued together.
>
> Any good/bad parts?
>
> http://deadmengods.com/ideas/dmg_off_idea.mp3

Love it, as I love all of your tracks.

Although tracks in 1 key are awesome, I do think - especially in
your music, probably because of the Depeche Mode feel - that
perhaps one of those weird and beautiful and unexpected key
changes could lift the track to a new level. (For example "Shake
the Disease", one of my fav DM tracks.
The Cure also do that. They play for minutes in one key, then
there's another key, and then they go back. When listening to
those songs, I'm always waiting for that other key :-)

Just an idea...

Cheers :-)

--
Gert