Ableton Live - has it lost its mojo?

Declan Gorman declan at degomusic.net
Fri Jun 5 12:41:38 CEST 2015

Hey Paul,
   Ableton Live is my DAW of choice but I also dabble with Maschine.
I can't remember the last time I got excited about Live whereas
Maschine with it's hardware integration with the studio controller is
fantastic.  Push is great and it works very well with Live but that
was the last big thing to happen with Live.

   Bitwig looks great but I feel too invested in Live and Maschine to
bother with it.  It is reasonably priced too which makes it very hard
to resist.

   The release notes for Live 9.2 do not excite me as it just appears
to be a lot of bug fixes and enhanced Push integration.

   Live does exactly what I want it to do and having recently upgraded
my computer to Windows 64bit with lots of ram it feels a lot better to
me.  It runs smoothly, never crashes and the CPU never spikes.  Happy
days :)

Regards,

Declan.