Thoughts on NI Komplete 10 combined with the Komplete Kontrol S Keyboard?

deeplfo deeplfo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:52:39 CEST 2015

btw, today I ditched my Novation SL61 mkii keyboard for the Komplete
Kontrol S61 keys.  I am still waiting for the Komplete 10 apps to arrive,
though I have a bunch of them already.  Right off the bat the nice
integration with Maschine 2.2 is excellent.  And as I had read from other
reviews, with the NI plugins, the Komplete and Kontrol package, with all
the integrated and mapped controls, you really feel like you are playing a
synth versus DAW+Plugin+Keyboard controller.  The layout of the knobs and
all the pre-assigned params are excellent to work with.  My Novation
controller and their Automap feature didn't feel organic enough, and wasn't
totally happy with the layout and controls.  The KK keyboard itself is
super nice and very well made.  The touch strips are very playable.  I
really like the built-in Scale and ARP functions, just to play around.  So,
all in all I'm very glad I made the jump.

I have Live 9 32-bit mode installed, and apparently I need to make the
switch over to 64-bit version when the Komplete apps arrive.  For now, as a
plain controller it's working fine in Live, although the Scale and ARP
don't work, but I need to double check that again when I get Komplete 10 in
a day or two, and I can fire up Komplete 10 in a instrument rack inside
Live.

If you have a bunch of NI stuff, I'd say this is definitely the controller
to get.

cheers,
Mohsen