Behringer

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Mon Jan 26 00:48:19 CET 2015

You all know I don't like Behringer and I like to bash them everywhere I go.

To my big suprise, the sound engineer for The Dorf recently turned up to a gig with this:

http://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_x_32_rack.htm

He likes to sit in the audience and mix with his iPad on his lap, and that's what he did.

His quality standard is quite outstanding, so I was very surprised to see him unwrap a Behringer device.

I was also surprised to hear that Behringer bought Midas (on a number of occasions, I have used the Midas F-32, a medium size live desk with Firewire, and really liked it. It is installed in the theater I usually perform at and it's quite a good desk I think)

So is the world changing? Will I have to change my opinion about Behringer's quality? (I won't change my opinion about their tactics of stealing other people's ideas and marketing them for half the price, though...not yet, anyway..;-)

What do you think?

Kai