Selling Gear: Do these prices seem right?

ibi sum ibisum at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 21:47:51 CET 2015

Guys - thanks for your feedback on these prices.  To explain what I’m doing: I’m trying to figure out ways that I could fund the MIDIShifter project and get it out of prototype stages to the first basic beta release.

I really do want to return to the music-instrument product category as a developer; the missed opportunity with Modulus has sort of kicked up a bit of dust around the subject in the last year, and so I think I have to bootstrap this some other way.

Selling all my gear is one easy way - basically I’d need eu15k to get to the point where I would have 100 MIDIShifters in my hands, ready to go.

I don’t really want to do Kickstarter; its much more interesting to me to fund the continued development privately, so I’ve thought of selling everything I have already, making the MIDIShifter project a success, and then buying it all back again when I’ve sold a few thousand MIDIShifters ..

Of course I’m open to other ideas as to how this could - or could not - work, but I have a good opportunity to utilize Wizard23’s MagicShifter design and tweak it into a music-making product, and he’s willing to work with me on the effort; I’ve got 2 working prototypes already and its a matter of pushing the software forward now. If I had the funds, I could fire up Wizard23’s production line (we’d have to pay for it up front) and get a few hundred devices made - and so .. thats what I’m up to.

Don’t worry though, I wouldn’t unsub from the -bar, just cause I wouldn't have any gear left!  :)

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com