A jam with my students (soundcloud)

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Mon Jan 19 14:03:52 CET 2015

Hi bar,

last Saturday I ended this semester's sounddesign class (I teach at the academy of fine arts in Münster) with a public presentation of the work we did in the seminar. Essentially I teach them about sounddesign using "FOSS" software like Audacity and related applications like Reaper, then move on by showing them some synthesizers (analog hardware like an MS 20, a Yamaha CS15, a Virus a (not *that* analog, I know) a Theremin, a Monotribe, Electribe and some small toys.

With these I show them how synthesis works, hands on (or off, for he Theremin..;-)

At the end of the class I usually schedule a gig. This time I controlled the mixer and some effects (a wonderful Moogerfooger delay and a shitty Boss Reverb pedal;) and tried to keep them times of the jams to something digestible. Here are the results. I'm interested what you think of it. Keep in mind that these people aren't musicians, though...! ;)

https://soundcloud.com/waf80music/sets/pic-pac-pump-tumb-prasentation-im-spec-ops-munster-170115

(the title of the seminar is "Pic Pac Pum Tumb"...;-)

Enjoy!
Kai