RPM done

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 20:34:34 CET 2015

This is lovely, Andy..

Once again, so professional sounding..

Good one..

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk

From: Andrew Robinson [mailto:andrew at bml.co.uk]
Sent: 23 February 2015 21:05
To: Music-bar
Subject: RPM done

This was a real struggle, but I'm entirely sure why. Turning this from 32 bar chord sequence in to an actual track proved really difficult, it kept wanting to go classical and cheesy. I tried to make it quite 80s Art of Noise Moments in Love,  but it fought back. At one point it was anti-dubstep - a hard, heavy slow 70bpm build leading up to a massive drop that didn't happen, but that made it something you'd listen to once then throw away. It ended up as something that doesn't really fit in any genre.

My Mac isn't well, Apple have diagnosed my increasingly regular crashes as a graphics card fault, and it's going to get a pair of new D300s in the morning, which is another reason this ended up sounding a bit odd, I was only able to work for about 20-30 minutes between hard resets.

Anyway, for what it's worth, here's "Quotes", stream at

https://soundcloud.com/lx-nen/lx-nen-quotes

and high-res on the ftp site. I'm really looking forward to hearing everyone else's tracks - I've tried not to listen until I signed off on mine, but some popped up in my soundcloud feed already.

- Andy_R