rpm 2015

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Mon Feb 23 22:10:54 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 1:03 PM, foRUMS 4 punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk>
wrote:

> Some lovely textures in there Nigel..  Loving the almost backward sounding
> rhythm – really pulls you in..

Thanks man! It was kind of an exercise in getting better at those sort of
textures when they're more in the background of drum n bass'ier things.

I'm using BufferShuffler, the Max 4 Live plugin, which chops up incoming
audio recycle-style and lets you reverse or skip individual steps. The
automation is pretty rudimentary on that plugin, so I'm storing presets and
switching between them using automation tracks.

The idea was to make the chopping up of audio and forwards/backwards rhythm
the core of the song, and vary the sounds going into it.