Caustic 3 on Android... OMG!

Dave S dave.silvester at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 02:52:47 CET 2015

Hey Bar! No doubt you already all know about this and I'm late to the
party? I just this evening accidentally found Caustic 3 for Android while
searching for a Rebirth-alike to make simple basslines and drums on, and
holy fuck this thing is good! See:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.singlecellsoftware.caustic

I purchased it (£6... seriously WTF!?) within about 5 minutes of trying the
demo.

The user interface is incredible and responsive, intuitive with great use
of space. I can't believe this is actually possible on a phone and not only
that but EASY, like ridiculously so.

Built in FX are great and it even has basic mastering tools and render to
file (haven't tried that yet).

I'm actually in a state of shock, I kid you not! I'm gonna write an album
on this thing - it might even become my main workstation because it's soooo
portable and instant.

I'll try to post some tunes soon. Already my first mess around has turned
into something worth keeping.

Ridiculously cool piece of software!

BTW is there an Ampfea team entering the RPM this year?

Cheers!

Dave